Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) – Funding 2021/2022
GL Training (RTO 40871) is a proud recipient of Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding for short courses. Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent, industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
The Short Courses program provides funding to assist with upskilling existing workers in the building and construction industry. The training focuses on the safety, regulatory and licensing requirements of the industry and can provide you with a range of competencies that employers need. And as the program name suggests, the Short Courses are designed to get you up-skilled fast.
For the 21/22 programme, which runs from 1st Oct 2021 to 30th Sep 2022, each eligible participant is able to access CSQ funded Short courses – Building and Civil
To be eligible to access Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) programs, participants must be;
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident of Australia; or
- a Visa holder with relevant permission to work in Australia.
AND MUST BE:
- an Eligible Worker: Employed in QLD within the Building and Construction Industry; or
- an unemployed eligible worker (unemployed not more than 4 years who would otherwise meet the requirements of an eligible worker); or
- an eligible worker in the first year out of their CSQ approved apprenticeship; or
- a cancelled apprentice who was undertaking a CSQ approved apprenticeship and is currently accessing State Government funding to complete their institution based training.
AND MUST NOT BE:
- An employee of an Authority (local council accepted)
- seeking refresher training or have completed the same course already
- currently enrolled in Secondary School (school-based apprentices are allowed)
- a contracted trainer or assessor or existing worker of an RTO
- funded by any other Authority for the same training
- seeking Verification of Competency services
To confirm your eligibility or if you have any questions please call us on (07) 5576 5733 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org